Don't be fooled by the rocks that we got, there's a precise method that we follow to create perfect ice at home.
Tools: 1 small cooler (must fit in your freezer), 1 silicon ice tray, hole bunch, disposable cup, small weight.
- Use a hole punch or safe tool to poke a small hole on the bottom of each tray space.
- To create a standing base for the tray, cut a disposable cup down to one inch & secure it to the middle of a cooler with a small weight.
- Fill the cooler with water just until the top of the icecube tray is covered.
- Freeze for ~18 hours, long enough for the water in the tray to harden, but too soon for the water underneath.
- Remove the cooler to defrost just enough to easily break away access ice and then pop out your crystal clear cubes.
Tip: Give ice cubes a few cracks with a cocktail spoon for a more natural geometric edge that will stand out in your cocktails.